Sequin Polystyrene Eggs

Sequin Polystyrene Eggs
How to keep nearly teenage girls entertained

Clay beading

Clay beading
Nothing ventured as the saying goes.... need to perfect this yet

Saturday 2 April 2011

Beaded Bracelet Part 2

Well, the beads look good on the wire.  I've found a tutorial on the net and after a little trial and error with some old wool I found in the attic, I have now mastered the art of casting on.  Competent with the wool I then progressed to putting it to the real test, knitting with the wire.  This proved easier said than done initially and I found that manipulating the 3mm wire quite tricky and I ended up with the stitches everywhere except on the knitting needle.  Still, I persevered and I finally achieved 7 stitches on the needle and I proceeded to knit.  I can currently boast that I have knitted 8 rows without further hitch (though it doesn't look anything like the final product illustration) and I have knitted 6 rows with the beads incorporated.  Hopefully by the end of the weekend I will be able to share the final product with you.  In the meantime, daughter of 12 years has just come into the room announcing that she wants to make chocolate brownies but .... no chocolate in the house so will have to make a quick dash to our closest shop to equip the budding baker with chocolate so that we can all indulge in brownies later.  More on bracelet and brownies later, don't worry I won't be mixing them together.  Love jayjay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Macaroon

Macaroon
Second time lucky and what a treat!

Key Lime Pie

Key Lime Pie
with a double choc chip base (lime and chocolate delicious)